[Digikam-users] Slow reflection of changes in digikam

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Fri Sep 4 09:47:02 BST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to get digikam to work in a business environment.

We are currently using digikam 4.11, running under Ubuntu 12.04. The
images reside on a CIFS-mounted network share, with a total of about
150.000 images. We are using the MySQL database backend.

Most things work just fine, there are some performance problems though.
One major problem is that it takes very long until changes - editing
pictures, but also deleting them - are reflected in the thumbnail view.
If I delete or move an image, it is still visible for several minutes.
If I edit an image and save it, the old thumbnail remains there also for
several minutes.

Going back to a different directory and forth again almost immediately
shows the changes, but that is not a good solution IMHO. Is there
anything I could do about this? The number of images in a single
directory is usually not more than 50, it also happens with only 4
images in the current directory, so this should not be the problem.

Thank you very much!

Andreas