[Digikam-users] Problems with compiled Digikam: can't create io-slaves

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 06:22:28 BST 2015

Hi,

It's not a compiling problem, but an install one. The digiKam KIOSLaves are
not at the right place on your system. KIOSlaves are separated
programs/Process used to query the Database in safe way in case on
concurrent requests. There are started by digiKam through KDE run time.

A lots of problems relevant of KIOSLaves have been reported in this room :
binary compatibility, install, run-time, portability, etc... With next
5.0.0, the game is over for KIOSLaves : we use multithread/Multicore
solution instead now.

So, please look in this mailing list archive for a solution...

Best