[Digikam-users] Identity and Copyright Notice in digiKam 4.13.0

Peter Mc Donough mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net
Fri Oct 9 22:38:04 BST 2015

Am 09.10.2015 um 22:37 schrieb John Harper:
> Info - openSUSE 13.2; KDE 4.14.9; digiKam 4.13.0 on a desktop system
>
> I recently installed digiKam to add metadata to many personal photos. There
> will be many albums. So far, I have only imported three folders of about 60
> pictures each. Your Handbook has excellent instructions on how to add EXIF
> metadata.
>
> But -
>
> I want to add Copyright and Ownership information to ALL photos in existing
> and future albums. It is time consuming to do it one picture at a time.
>
> The digiKam handbook shows an item called "Identity" in the configure digiKam
> settings where this can be done automatically. It is not present in this
> version of digiKam (4.13.0). Instead there is an item called Templates that
> has a place to enter copyright info.
>
> I do not see any instructions in the Handbook about using the Template
> settings to add copyright to each picture automatically. Maybe it is a new
> feature. Is there a handbook for this version of digiKam that I have not
> located?
>
> How do I:
> 1) include copyright info on all new albums
> 2) add copyright info to all existing albums

Hi,

As far as I remember you explicitly select all pictures you want to
copy-write in one go. <ctlr><A> is your friend.
Extended search also has some capabilities useful for that purpose.
Try it with a smaller batch.
Lots of pictures at one time take much of that.

You also minimize the risk of overwriting existing copywrite information.
Think of the year or anything which is special to a particular group of
pictures.

cu
Peter