[Digikam-users] Can one export directories/folders?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Mon Jun 15 16:47:21 BST 2015

Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com> wrote:
> [-- multipart/alternative, encoding 7bit, 102 lines --]
>
>     [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: UTF-8, 45 lines --]

> > I was hoping to be able to select a folder (or even better a
> > hieararchy of folders) in the 'My Albums' area and export it but this
> > doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > Am I missing something or is it not possible to export a folder?
> >

> You can export any selection using Exportation -> Exporter vers un
> ordinateur distant (or the english equivalent), or shortkey Alt-Shift-K;
> just enter a local folder as the destination.

Not quite what I'm after though.  It's trivial (and easier to be
honest) to copy files from one computer to another using rsync or scp
so the "Exporter vers un ordinateur distant" option doesn't do much
for me.

What I want[ed] was a way to export a chunk of my Digikam album to a
place that would show them on the web in the same (or at least
similar) arrangement.

I have my albums organised by date, e.g. I have:-

    pictures
        1960s
        1970s
        1980s
        1990s
        2000s
        2010s
            2010
            2011
            2012
            2013
            2014
            2015
                01
                02
                03
                04
                05
                06
                    02
                    03
                    04
                    05
                    06
                    07

What I want to be able to do is export the whole of
~/pictures/2010s/2015/06 which happens to be all the pictures I took
on one holiday.

> > Similarly is there no way to add pictures from more than one folder to
> > the exports list?  I tried this too and each time I selected all
> > pictures from a displayed folder it simply overwrote the previous list
> > of images in the export window.
> >

> You can add any picture to a former selection, using Shift or Ctrl + Enter.
> To make things easier, you can use color tags to temporarily group pictures
> across several folders.

Hmm, OK, but that's only adding individual pictures to a previous
selection.  How do I select one folder with (say) 20 images in it and
then add another folder with (say) 30 images in it?

--
Chris Green
·