[Digikam-users] MySQL DB with digikam 4.4 and newer

Robert Zeller robert.zeller at robert-zeller.org
Tue Feb 10 12:48:18 GMT 2015

Dear developers,

I have a similar question:
I am using digikam 4.7 compiled by myself on openSUSE 13.2. The
distributed version of the source code (as is) only compiles with sqlite
support . There seems to be the possibility also to compile DK with
mysql enabled.
1. What do I have to change in the compile settings of DK to enable
mysql support?
2. Is it safe now, to use mysql instead of sqlite?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Robert Zeller