[Digikam-users] Searching images on usb disks

Marina Ciatta maciatta at openmailbox.org
Sat Sep 20 17:38:10 BST 2014

Hello,

Many thanks Gordon, Marie-Noëlle, jdd, for comments and hints.

@Marie-Noëlle
> I use 2 external USB disks, but they are plugged in when I work
> with Digikam.
Same for me, only images on currently plugged disks seem to be alive
and other images seem to be ignored.

@jdd
> that said, the database is that, a data base and it should be possible
> to read it directly with scripts, specially in read only mode.
Oh God, you're killing me !
I am totally unable to do such stuff. My only programming skills are to
setup
my coffee machine to start at 7 a.m. :)

Just a last question (and after that I promise to shut up)
Someone sent me a suggestion :
> Si dovrebbe cercare di fare una copia locale di tutte le tue foto,
> tutto piccolo per risparmiare spazio ...
I'll translate :
The suggestion is to build local copies of all images on all usb disks,
with very reduced size versions to save disk space.
Sounds this should work, but probably will take a long time so, before
trying this, I'd like to know if anyone has already implemented such a
work,
and if results are as expected ?
Thanks,

Saluti,