[Digikam-users] Problem with DK4.4 on Mint

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Sun Oct 26 13:03:06 GMT 2014

I have added PPA's

deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/msylwester/digikam/ubuntu trusty main
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/msylwester/digikam/ubuntu trusty main

to my Mint 17 system.  It did work until some updates a couple of weeks
back.  I have removed it an re-installed, it seems to install OK but
when I run it it opens the start picture with the mountains, then
crashes.  If I start it from terminal I get -

mick at MintDesk17:~$ digikam
Object::connect: No such signal
org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal
org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam: undefined symbol:
_ZNK11KExiv2Iface14AltLangStrEdit8textEditEv
mick at MintDesk17:~$

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks
Mick