[Digikam-users] Re : Re: 2 problems tagging multiple images

maderios maderios at gmail.com
Thu May 22 13:27:22 BST 2014

On 05/21/2014 05:57 PM, Phil wrote:

> How do you force dk to only write xmp metadata? When I add a tag to an
> image, dk writes it to 5 metadata fields, 4 of which are xmp but also
> the IPTC Keywords field. Dk also writes various housekeeping information
> to other IPTC fields.

First, with Exiv2 tool (or an other one), I delete all unwanted tags
from pictures
http://www.exiv2.org/
Then in DK, I disable all tags management except xmp:
- settings, configure DK
- metadata
- behaviour: I clear all except image tags, read & write sidecar files
(write to image and xmp sidecar), update file timestamp...,
- display: unselect/clear all (exif, iptc, makernotes, etc) except xmp
viewer
-xmpviewer: select all

Dont forget kipi plugins-> metadataEdit

--