[Digikam-users] DigiKam in Windows 7 - not working...

Fabian Frank fabianfrank at greenmail.cc
Tue Mar 25 11:19:36 GMT 2014

Hi all,
I hope this is the right place to ask my question - I could not find a
forum for DigiKam :-(

I am trying to run DigiKam on my Windows 7 32bit box. Sadly it is not
working.

I used this installer:
http://download.kde.org/stable/digikam/digiKam-installer-3.4.0-win32.exe

The installation went smoothly. When I try to start the Program, NOTHING
happens. No Splash-Screens - not error message - nothing?!?! The HD
works a little but nothing is displayed.

What I tried:
- Disable Firewall, Disable Virus scanner before installation.
- Removed the Program and reinstalled it.
- Removed every file I could find which looks like digikam.

Does anybody has a hint where to look for a fix?
Any Idea?

I really would love to try this program.

Thanks very much for the help.

Best

Fabian