[Digikam-users] digikam 4.1 bugs

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 17:19:52 BST 2014

> Hi,
>
> I finally got an update to digikam 4.1, and it feels fast and nice.
>
> However, within the editor, some bugs resist, notacibly the problem with
> preview sizes seems to persist.'
>
> This problem is very odd, it does not affect all tools, and the behavior is not
> consistent, sometimes the order of tools used affects the behavior.
>
> After conversion from RAW, using the curve tool, the initial preview is
> missized, on my screen it is set to 12%, which may be the preview size in the
> album view, with two sidebars visible.
>
> In my opinion, if the size in the editor is "fit to window size", this setting
> should be sticky when activating tools (whatever setting in the editor window
> should stick, in fact).

It must and it work as expected here.

I suspect a race condition with signals and slots when code if compile
in final release. I supose that you install digiKam using a
pre-compiled package. Right ?

Here, i'm in full debug mode, which introduce some small time
latencies. which is enough to mask this kind of problem.

> Another problem is with the preview of the effect of a tool. I use consequently
> "mouse over" type preview, and Since 4.0, I have to move the mouse into the
> preview and out again to see the preview, which was not the case in 3.6 - a
> regression :0

Yes, fully reproducible here. I use always this mode. It's in my TODO list.

> Let me know, if I should rather file explicit bugs than explaining here!

Look how is compile digiKam. Go to help/About dialog.