[Digikam-users] Run Digikam @ Sqlite or Mysql benefits/limitations?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat Jan 18 12:19:05 GMT 2014

Am 18.01.2014 12:37, schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:

>> I have discovered that I can run Digikan with "Type" setting of Sqlite in
>> the database setting. Is the performance of Digikam diminished  or its
>> integrity compromised by running it with Sqlite?
>
> SQLite is currently the standard option and the one which most of the active
> developers are using. The MySQL backend has bugs.
> In principle, MySQL can be more performant than Sqlite as regards concurrent
> write operations. For reading, SQLite is very fast.

I tried mysql some dk versions back, but it did not convince me (that
might have changed by now, don't know) so I returned to Sqlite.

An important advantage of Sqlite (for me) is that backup of the digikam
folder automatically includes the databases, whereas MySQL needs a
separate backup, which I tend to forget, or it is not made in the same
moment as the image folders...

kind regards

Daniel

google+: https://plus.google.com/109534388657020287386