[Digikam-users] Update, clean, and move database?

Jasper jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 00:49:37 GMT 2014

I am upgrading from dear old Debian to Ubuntu (gfx issues) and want to move
the Digikam database and digikam settings over to the new install...
 This is a very old db starting way way back in the day of sqlight3 moved to
mysql etc... this was well before face recognition.

Face recognition has worked to some extent on a clean install/db but never
with my db.

Can anyone help me please clean up the db and get face recognition etc
going.

Could it be that I already have tags People/blah,blah...?

Any tips for super safe moving of db and mysql on ubuntu.

Cheers.

Jasper