[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.0 won't run on Linux Mint 17.1: vanishes after album scan

Tom Rank tom at literaryconnections.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 22:00:55 GMT 2014

Still no progress, I fear:

I've carried out these tasks (having first removed the repositories from
the software updater in case of problems):

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:philip5/extra
You are about to add the following PPA to your system:
  Ubuntu experimental rolling release repository.
[....]

Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring
--homedir /tmp/tmp.QjC9XhFT8A --no-auto-check-trustdb --trust-model
always --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80
--recv-keys 43C56F3F
gpg: requesting key 43C56F3F from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: key 43C56F3F: "Launchpad extra" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:philip5/kubuntu-backports
You are about to add the following PPA to your system:
[...]
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring
--homedir /tmp/tmp.ayTrF3agjJ --no-auto-check-trustdb --trust-model
always --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80
--recv-keys 43C56F3F
gpg: requesting key 43C56F3F from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: key 43C56F3F: "Launchpad extra" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
[sudo] password for tom:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.

Digikam is still stuck on version 4.0.0 (KDE 4.14.2), still no photos
visible. I tried right click over a directory name: 'show in file
manger' - that crashes Digikam.

Any help?

Tom

Tom Rank | tom at literaryconnections.co.uk | 01457 850966