[Digikam-users] Syncing Digikam collections and databases between different computers

Jonathan Ballet jon at multani.info
Wed Dec 3 09:07:17 GMT 2014

Hi Gilles,

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 11:03:54PM +0100, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> UUID is used to identify a disk, especially with removable media.

I guess I can understand there's a need for UUID for removable media
(I'm not really using them, so I'm just extrapolating the need...?)

But on a local system, why is there a need for both the UUID of the disk
the collection is on and the path of the collection? Why Digikam has to
identify the disk? Doesn't the path of the collection sufficiently
identifies it?

 Jonathan