[Digikam-users] how to migrate to mysql

Robert Zeller robert.zeller at robert-zeller.org
Sun Aug 17 10:03:30 BST 2014

On 08/16/2014 07:33 PM, upscope wrote:
> On Saturday, August 16, 2014 11:37:54 AM Wybo wrote:
>> I want to migrate my frequently crashing digikam sqlite database to my
>> mysql database on my Synology station, but the migration tool says:
>>
>> Database connection test was not successful.
>> Error was: Access denied for user 'wybo'@'wybo.fritz.box' (using
>> password: YES) QMYSQL: Unable to connect
>>
>> My Synology station is on 192.168.178.27,
>> the database listens to port 3306,
>> on my FritzBox I forwarded port 3306 to 192.168.178.27,
>> I can connect to the database on http://192.168.178.27/phpMyAdmin/
>> I specified dk for the Schema name and dktn for the thumbnails Schema
>> name, and whether or not I created those (empty) mysql databases makes
>> no difference.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
> I migrated a while back and if i remember right I had to:
> 	1. Create databases using phpMyAdmin (digikam4.db and thumbnails-
> digikam.db
> 	2. Create a digikam user and give proper permissions.
> 	3. Go into digikam and select digikam settings -->database
> 		a. Create the necessary information (Hostname, Port, Schema
> 		   (digikam4.db), thumbnails (thumbnails-digikam.db, User Id
> 		   and password).
>
> Since version 4.0 came out I have not been able to access the database
> and digikam eventually tells me the application is not responding.
>
> my digikam version is now: still fails. It does pass the connection
> test, OK. If I drop back to version 3.5.0. everything was working with
> mysql located on localhost.
>
> Don't know if this will help.
>
> Russ
I had a similar problem with the mysql-Database since v. 4.1.0 came out.
DK still was working but if I tried to change something in the settings,
DK occupied one core completely and hung. After all I reinstalled DK
from scratch using an sqlite database, which works fine. So I suppose
something is wrong with the mysql schema in DK since 4.1.0