[Digikam-users] Editing Location, Subject Data Directly (not via templates)

Andrew Fritz photo at fritztech.com
Sat Apr 12 21:33:12 BST 2014

I'm trying to understand if something is possible. The handbook doesn't
say it is, but it seems like a common use case.

I have a smallish subset of my library of photos (my "portfolio" for
public sharing). I want to individually edit the Location, Contact and
Subject data on the Information tab of the Caption/Tags panel to make it
correct.

There seems to be no way to do this. I can create templates and apply
them, but I will literally be creating one template per photo, which
seems very silly and wasteful. Is there some setting I'm missing to make
the meta-data in question editable?

Andrew