[Digikam-users] Collection in Removable drive

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 17:59:44 BST 2014

Hi!
I'm using digikam Version 3.5.0 Using KDE Development Platform 4.11.5 on
Mac OSX 10.9.2

I'm trying to set up digikam so that I have the db on my local disk but the
actual picture files on external usb pendrives or disks.
I thought I would just set up collections following the manual:
"Later on you can add as many locations as you like - digiKam will add
them to the album library.
Settings → Configure digiKam → Collections
"
but get this message
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g49ejl9lbd9nv0v/Screenshot%202014-04-12%2018.44.57.png

I click OK and get the collection added, but I'm kind of confused.
What are the consequences of this message? Cannot be avoided by giving
a name to the usb media using system tools?

Thanks

Agus