[Digikam-users] certain Gimp xcf files cause showFoto to crash

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 09:13:44 BST 2013

My xcf files are generated by the development version of Gimp, so I
haven't filed a bug report with digiKam as the file format itself
might be in a state of flux.

I don't know whether xcf files from Gimp 2.8 cause crashes or not. Has
anyone experienced such crashes?

It seems reasonable that digiKam might provide the option to ignore
file extensions that the user doesn't actually want digiKam to track.
So I was wondering if there is such a feature hidden away somewhere. I
looked at the config files but didn't see a list of file extensions.