[Digikam-users] Questions on RAW conversion: Base curve

Jean-François Rabasse jf at e-artefact.eu
Wed Sep 11 15:32:47 BST 2013

Marie-Noëlle, thanks for the detailed explanations.

I had just missed something :)

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013, Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:

> I always shoot in RAW, as I want to be in complete control of the rendering
> my pictures. But I keep quite many pictures that I don't treat, at least
> not immediately.
> In some cases, say I need a picture of something I'm going to sell

« In some cases ... ».
Ok, so occasional processing only, not all the images.
That's what I first thought and why I was surprised about someone doing
what's already on the card. As you describe your way of working,
disk space and volume of images make sense, and your quick JPEGs come
only from time to time.

(I didn't intend to restart the good old debate about raw processing or
not, everyone has personal good reasons.)

Regards,
Jean-François