[Digikam-users] installation Digikam mac OSX

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 6 11:40:48 BST 2013

On Monday 06 May 2013 02:49:33 steffle wrote:
> [...]
> https://archives.steinmetz.fr/journal/digikam-sous-osx.html), je n'ai
> toujours pas réussi.
>
> Comme expliqué sur le site cité au dessus, la fenêtre d'ouverture se
lance
> mais digikam n'arrive pas à s'ouvrir...
>
> J'ai copié un bout du log après ouverture dans un terminal: (les 3 petits
> points indiquent une grande répétition)
>
> "iMac-de-stephane:KDE4 steffle$ find /Applications/MacPOrts/KDE4 -name
> digikam
> /Applications/MacPOrts/KDE4/digikam.app/Contents/MacOS/digikam
> iMac-de-stephane:KDE4 steffle$
> /Applications/MacPOrts/KDE4/digikam.app/Contents/MacOS/digikam
> digikam(493)/KSharedDataCache ensureFileAllocated: This system misses
> support for posix_fallocate() -- ensure this partition has room for at
least
> 10547296 bytes.
> QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still
in
> use, all queries will cease to work.
> digikam(493)/KSharedDataCache ensureFileAllocated: This system misses
> support for posix_fallocate() -- ensure this partition has room for at
least
> 10547296 bytes.
> WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin
> could not be loaded
> WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin
> could not be loaded
> WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin
> could not be loaded
> WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin
> could not be loaded
> WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin
> could not be loaded
> WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject ( no
> objectName ) to Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).
> WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin
> could not be loaded
> WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject ( no
> objectName ) to Phonon::VideoWidget ( no objectName ).
> WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin
> could not be loaded
> digikam(493)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned
> initialize() D-Bus call failed: "The name org.kde.kded was not provided
by
> any .service files"
>
> digikam(493)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): No time zone information obtained
from
> ktimezoned
> QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: open: Too many open files
> QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths:

iPhoto.photolibrary/Database/Versions/2013/03/19/20130319-084145/BXZEBYjeQXCGQXmdpFH9zQ
> QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: open: Too many open files
> QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths:
> /Users/steffle/Pictures/Bibliothèque

iPhoto.photolibrary/Database/Versions/2013/03/19/20130319-084145/BeQvsGvET4iiFqkyDujRsA

> QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths:
> /Users/steffle/Pictures/Bibliothèque

iPhoto.photolibrary/Thumbnails/2013/03/19/20130319-084149/i2sWm2p7TGStVn%aBsS4fw
> QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: open: Too many open files

> 2013-04-27 12:04:49.576 digikam[493:707] Critical failure: the LastResort
> font is unavailable.

> QEventDispatcherUNIXPrivate(): Unable to create thread pipe: Too many
open
> files
> QEventDispatcherUNIXPrivate(): Can not continue without a thread pipe
> QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine: error during kevent wait: Bad file
> descriptor
> KCrash: Application 'digikam' crashing...
> KCrash: Attempting to start from kdeinit
> sock_file=/Users/steffle/Library/Preferences/KDE/socket-iMac-de-
stephane.local/kdeinit4__0
> Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
> KCrash: Attempting to start directly
> KCrash failed to exec(), errno = 2
>

> Auriez vous une idée pour que je retrouve mon logiciel préféré??
>
> en vous remerciant
> Stéphane

I'll try and summarise in English, with perhaps a few pointers to
where I see problems.

Stéphane is trying to get Digikam to run under MacOS X. Installation
seems to have worked, but Digikam crashes. He added a log (with repetitions
replaced by '...')

When looking through that log, I noticed several things:
(the thing about connection 'Connectiontest' and all queries failing can be
ignored)

1- there's a warning about needing at least 10 Gb free disk-space:
> ensureFileAllocated: This system misses...
So that must be checked...

2- Phonon can't find or load a suitable backend

3- then there's a lot of those:
> QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: open: Too many open files
> QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths:
That looks like QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine is /opening/ a lot of files
(as in: one for every image?) and so there's no room later on to open a
required file (in this case a thread pipe, which is a special kind of
file). And then Digikam crashes...
(I take the message about Digikam being unable to open a font as a result
of the 'too many open files')

What I find particularly suspect here is the *QFileSystemWatcher/
QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine* needing so many open files. All later
errors are due to lack of file descriptors.

Also, the missing phonon backend might be innocent, or it could indicate a
missing dependency (or an incomplete or messed-up installation), as does
the remark in the log concerning ktimezoned.

[Résumé: Digikam plante à cause de trop de fichiers ouverts.
Au debut du log il y a un remarque comme quoi la partition du disque
concerné doit avoir au moins *10 Gb* de libre (fonction non implementée
sous MacOS). Aussi, il y a quelques indications qu'il y a peut-être des
dependences manquantes]

Bon courage,

Remco