[Digikam-users] install digiKam in Xubuntu 12.04

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 23:52:36 GMT 2013

That should work if you want a stripped down version of Digikam
without a lot of great features that comes with kipi-plugins that is a
big part of the digikam experience. Digikam will always need to
install a bunch of KDE packages as Digikam is very closely tied to the
KDE framework. On stock (x)ubuntu 12.04.x you will get digikam 2.5.0
that is a older version than the brand new 3.0.

/Philip