[Digikam-users] Can I make re-read of albums a bit faster? (solved, more or less...)

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri Dec 27 21:37:55 GMT 2013

So, I closed all other tasks, re-niced the digikam process and gave it
maximum priority in cpu and disk. This made it much, but MUCH!, faster.
It finished within few Minutes. I didn't have to wait for the next
century, hurray :-)

I have 16GB mem and a quite fast processor. It did not use swap. I have
the feeling that it was the disk access that made it so extremely slow.
Don't know, but after giving digikam maximum disk access, I heard the
disk working hard, while usually I don't hear it.

Well, for me the problem is solved for the moment, but maybe it would be
a good idea to check if this part of the program could be optimized
somehow....

With thanks for a great tool to the developers and the best wishes for a
great new year to all of you,

Daniel

google+: https://plus.google.com/109534388657020287386