[Digikam-users] Title visible only under thumbnails

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 11:29:30 BST 2013

2013/8/18 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>

> 2013/8/17 Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>
>

>> 2013/8/17 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Titles and captions are taken from DB. I suspect something wrong with
>>> your DB.
>>>

>> Gilles,
>>
>> Could you please tell me one thing:
>> Do the thumbnail title and the image title come from the same place? Or
>> the thumbnail's from thumbnails DB, and the image's from the sidecar file
>> (these images are RAW files)? In the latter case, I will try a metadata
>> synchronization with the maintenance tool.
>>

> Both come from the same origin through meta-data interface :
>

> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/dmetadata/dmetadata.cpp#L494
>
> Information is stored in DB. Both place take this info using the same DB
> interface :
>

> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/database/imageinfo.cpp#L410
>

>> I have nothing much to loose, but I'd rather try the synchronization in
>> the right way. ;-)
>>

> You can.
>
> Note : in next 3.4.0, Maintenance tool will support image metadata to DB
> synchronization, and will be multithreaded and use multicore CPU for
> performance purpose. I currently finalize Maintenance improvements :
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/9536807056/
>
> Gilles Caulier

Forget what I previously said... there is nothing to synchronize anyway, as
there is no XMP files, juste CR2s and the DB. So the information available
necessarily comes from the DB.

But I just found out that the missing information seem to be related to a
language problem: I realise the metadata language has been reset to the
first one the list (af-ZA), in the same way other settings have been
reinitialized by Digikam upgrade (my guess).

As soon as I select x-default instead, title and legend becomes available
again in the "Description" subtab of "Légende/Etiquettes".
But still no title in the "Propriétés" tab; could there be a language
problem here, too? I couldn't find any parameter for this one.

Marie-Noëlle

--
<http://fr.ulule.com/aigoual-aubrac/>

*De l'AIgoual à l'Aubrac, un voyage photographique en Cévennes et Lozère*
Un livre à offrir ou à s'offrir, en souscription jusqu'au 31 août 2013.
Cliquer sur l'image ci-dessus ou ce lien pour en savoir
plus<http://fr.ulule.com/aigoual-aubrac/>