[Digikam-users] Read/Write to sidecar files is grayed out (Digikam 2.6.0 on Gentoo)

Carlos Barahona cbarahonae at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 23:29:33 BST 2012

Thanks for your answer.
I don't know if you are used to Gentoo Portage, but I have the XMP USE flag
defined in make.conf, so anything should compile with XMP support.
Anyway, I have recompiled exiv2, just in case this flag wasn't active when
exiv2 was installed. In the log I can see something like 'XMP support
Still no luck. Then, I have recompiled digikam... no luck.
I have tested the command 'exiv2 -eX image.CR2' , and an XMP file is
created for that image... so I guess exiv2 is compiled with XMP support,
isn't it?
(I have also posted the question to the Gentoo forum as I know this could
be someting related to some Gentoo configuration, as I am new to this
system... but no luck either...)

Carlos.