[Digikam-users] writing tags to the files

Johan van Noooten subsidiarity3 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 07:50:28 BST 2012

Thanks for all the replies. I had assumed that Dolphin did the same thing
as Windows Explorer in Windows 7 when I added tags to a .jpg using
"properties", then "information" (Dolphin) or "details" (Windows
Explorer).  But the tags I wrote using DK do appear in Windows Explorer and
vice versa (perhaps not perfectly, but well enough). This is good. Those I
wrote using Dolphin don't. I guess Dolphin doesn't store metadata in the
.jpg file itself or it does it in a way that Windows (or DK for that
matter) doesn't read. That's not a big problem for me. I use to disable
nepomuk also. I don't anymore. Thanks again for the help.

Johan