[Digikam-users] modified time (with jhead) not updated in digikam

Jean-François Rabasse jean-francois.rabasse at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 25 13:43:06 GMT 2012

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012, Copeau wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I happen to have a lot of JPG with the wrong date so I used /jhead -ta+1:00/
> to add 1 hour to all my files.
> But the time doesn't seem to be changed in digikam.
>
> Well, it's not that simple.
> I change the time using jhead and when I check with jhead, the date is
> properly modified.
> In digikam anyway, in the properties panel the date is still the old one.
> Then I used the "Edit All Metadata" feature in digikam and there, in the
> EXIF tab the date is modified !

Hello,

Digikam uses only a subset of all image metadata, and reads that when
scanning new images.
When you modifie metadata from « outside », jhead, exiftool et al.,
Digikam can't guess data has changed.

If you start the metadata editor, all is reload before edition and that's
why you see correct values in properties tabs.

But if you just want to make Digikam aware of some modifications you've
done, select your image(s) then run « Reread metadata from image ».
It's not automatic when you modify your files by your own.

Regards,
Jean-François