[Digikam-users] merge two digikam DBs

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Tue May 22 18:57:10 BST 2012

Hello David,

you can configure this.

In "Settings"
  -> "Configure DigiKam..."
    -> "Metadata"
      -> "Behaviour"
        -> "Common Metadata Actions"
you can select
 "[x] Save image rating in metadata embedded in files"

This will write any further image ratings in your digiKam
database and the jpg file.

For all old jpgs:
  1. Start a search to get them all
  2. select all
  3. "Image" -> "Write Metadata to image"

To make sure, everything worked, I looked with a hex editor
(e.g. "Okteta" or just "xxd") at the jpg files. ;)

Regards,
	Peter