[Digikam-users] Face tagging?

Kim kim.mills at wightman.ca
Tue Mar 20 14:24:19 GMT 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm a fairly new linux user and I was searching for a replacement for
for the other photo album software I had been using.  I just love the
software so far! :)

I was wondering though, how well does the face tagging work?  I started
manually tagging some photos last night and it worked ok.  But when I
had digikam scan the album for faces to tag, it found only 13 faces in 5
photos.  There are hundreds of photos that have people in them, I
thought it would have picked them up.
Does it get better at finding faces the more you use it?
I'm using digikam version 2.1.1 and Ubuntu 11.10.

Thanks,
Kim