[Digikam-users] help for beginner -- archives, forum, albums

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Tue Jul 24 18:46:24 BST 2012

hi,

Þann þri 24.júl 2012 16:32, skrifaði John O'Neall:
> I cannot find any archives for the mailing list.

Bottom line in every mail is
"https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users",
a page where in the first section reads:
"visit the Digikam-users Archives"
<http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/>.

Some people may find this web-interface a bit crude and
prefer another option, which is GMANE:
The page <http://gmane.org/find.php?list=digikam> shows both
the user and dev lists; using GMANE paths in many modern
mail-clients is a preferred way by many people for accessing
mailinglist content. By using the -nomail option in mailman
(the digikam-users mail software) you can even turn off mail
delivery to your normal mailbox, yet still send mail to the
list. And do the reading via GMANE in Thunderbird or
whatever client.

> Also, if I look at the Digikam Forum, I see there are 0
> (zero) articles posted. What in the world is this?

Maybe all the mailinglist junkies never caught up with
'progress' ?? ;-)

> I am looking for info on how albums are maintained and how
> to manage them. I do not only want to create them, but to
> remove, e.g., a given disk directory collection WITHOUT
> deleting all the pictures.

I think it's always been the general consensus that 'Albums'
is just a pseudonym for real directories/folders. Many of us
are using all kinds of other software and scripts to deal
with our images, so any database/virtual storage pointers
are a no-go.

Hope this helps,

Sveinn í Felli