[Digikam-users] re HTML mail

Peter Mc Donough mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net
Wed Jan 18 00:08:53 GMT 2012

> HTML mail.  But they are truly bogus.  Ninety, ninety five
> percent of email is probably HTML.  If I have a problem with
> And, ever notice, ahem, that this mail list includes HTML? <br>

Yes I noticed !
I've set my mail reader to text mode.  HTML is disabled by default. I
can easily enable it with a click when the source seems trustworthy.
So reading your mail is additional work and difficult to quote.

For years HTML-messages have been considered a possible security risk as
malicious code could be hidden from the eyes of a human reader, think of
white text/code on a white background.

So why HTML unless your mail conveys information which demands it?

Peter