[Digikam-users] Wishes for future versions

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 14 18:15:11 GMT 2012

On Saturday 14 January 2012 11:08:47 Remco Viëtor wrote:

> So, what I'm missing is:
>
> - a 'levels' tool

Stupid me...

There is a levels tool in the editor, what is missing is the same tool in the
batch treatment.

Apologies for the careless editing :(

I'll use the occasion to elaborate a bit about the why of some items.
Ideally, I would like to be able to edit one image in the normal editor
(starting from a raw file or any other format) and then apply the same
treatment  for a series of other images. In order for that to work, tools need
to be present in both the editor and the batch queue manager, and the tools
need to accept the same set of parameters. (and ideally the same code, as far
as possible, of course). With the versioning system in place, a lot of the
required information is now available/stored somewhere. When we get the
missing tools in the batch queue, we could use the versioning info to replay
the used treatment on another file.

Remco