[Digikam-users] Wishes for future versions

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 14 10:08:47 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have been using Digikam for a while now, and I find it the best suited to my
needs.

There's still a number of things I'd liek to see added, so I decided to drop
the list here to see if others are interested in those features, and if some
are already planned (in that case, no need to clutter the bugzilla wishlist).

So, what I'm missing is:

- a 'levels' tool
- a tool in batch queue to write metadata from the database to the image files
- a way to save and restore a list of batch queue commands
- a way to save a slideshow (in dvd-slideshow format?)
- possibility to select a point/area in a raw image to determine white balance

Please comment :)

I'm quite willing to start coding on some parts of this, after discussion with
the maintainers (to avoid me starting on something that's about to be
overhauled).

Remco