[Digikam-users] Fwd: Improve Efficiency of Face Recognition Tags Assignments

Axel Klein nospamforaxel-1 at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 21 20:31:34 GMT 2012

Hi *,

I like the face recognition of digikam. At the same time I see the need
to make the assignments of Names to the face recognition tags more
efficient.

Unfortunately it seems not to be possible to assign tags to the faces
directly in the thumbnail view. You can assign a tag to the photo by a
shortcut and also to multiple thumbnails in the face recognition
thumbnail view, but they are only assigned to the pictures, not to the
faces itself.
This means that if you assign multiple pictures in thumbnail view with
person tags they do not disappear in the category "Unknown", because the
faces are still not tagged.
This is contradictory to an efficient workflow where you go through the
"Unknown" until there is nothing left.
Additionaly I did not manage to assign tags when tagging the faces
directly with a shortcut. It only works if you tag the pictures.

I'd propose to enable tagging faces instead of pictures in the thumbnail
view of the "Personen"-view. Then you can use more efficient methods as
selecting multiple "faces" and using short-cuts which would be a
tremendous boost in efficiency.

Best regards
Axel