[Digikam-users] Sort by Category/Collection, album icon generation

Philippe Bernery pb.mosca at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 22:59:42 GMT 2012

Thank you Marie-Noëlle for your answer.

Le Sat Dec 22 14:56:57 2012, Marie-Noëlle Augendre a écrit :
> I'm not sure which manual you're refering to... I'm not aware there is
> a document that reflects more or less the current state of Digikam;
> but I might have missed this interesting piece of documentation. ;-)
I am refering to the manual accessible with F1, in section Albums
View/Managing Albums. Below the Figure 2.1, the second point talks about
Album Collection.

> By the way, there is an album category feature (see Configuration ->
> Configurer Digikam -> Catégories d'albums - in the french version)
> that might allows you to sort albums by category; I've never used it
> (yet) but it might do the trick you're looking for.
This is exactly the feature I am refering to (in french too ;)). I
assigned a category to one of my albums but could not figure out where I
can sort my albums by category and actually see these categories.
Any thoughts?

> I've never seen a way to automatically assign a picture to an album
> icon... but these icons are so tiny (I use the smallest so I can
> display much information) that I don't assign picture to them; I'd
> rather rely on meaningful album names to manage my collections.
I did not know about the custom album icon size, good to know.
Anyway, this was more out of curiosity than anything else.

Philippe