[Digikam-users] Sort by Category/Collection, album icon generation

Philippe Bernery pb.mosca at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 11:45:11 GMT 2012

Hi everyone,

I just started to use digiKam to manage my photos. I use version 2.8.0,
packaged with Kubuntu 12.10.

I search the Internet and the user manual how to sort my albums by
category (or by collection as written in the manual). I set a category
to one of my albums to test the feature, however I cannot find where I
can select "sort by category/collection"  in the menu or in the toolbar.
In the manual, it is said to select the View -> Sort albums -> By
collection but I do not see any "Sort albums" sub-menu, only "sort images".

Also, I read and saw some screenshots about image icon in place of a
folder icon in the album tree view. I manage to set an image icon from a
photo manually but I wonder if there is a way to let digiKam select an
image automatically. I read in the manual that digiKam should take the
first image of an album for that but it seems it does not work here.

Thank you for your help.

Philippe