[Digikam-users] import menus and album folder icons

guenter guenter.k at arcor.de
Fri Aug 17 17:16:42 BST 2012

Am 15.08.2012 20:22, schrieb nfuller:
> I am using DigiKam 2.5, with updates as Ubuntu offers them, and Ubuntu
> 12.04.

I use openSuse 12.1 with dk 2.8+. So your system may behave differently.

> One - DigiKam has two options to import files.  On the top line, the
> drop down Import menu allows me to easily download from my Canon. Just
> below, there is also the word "Import" with a camera icon.  If I choose
> this by mistake, DK begins to download from my backup hard drive, which
> is where I initially transferred all my files from when I got my new
> computer with its new version of DK.  I have to force close everything
> to get it to stop.
> What is this icon for?  How can I delete it?

I don't have this. For me there are in import "Cameras" / "USB Storage
Devices" / "Card readers" etc.

> Another small issue:  it would help if the blue folder icons on the
> album list lit up or showed that they were selected.  I use the albums
> constantly to organize my photos - it always works, but I am never sure
> that I am putting files where I want them.

The color themes are managed by KDE. In dk go to menu "Settings ->
Themes" and try to find one that mazches your desire. On the bottom
there is also an item "Configuration..." but there in I don't know which
color is that fo the preselected item under the cursor.

Greetings,
  guenter