[Digikam-users] Impossible to send pictures to trash with 2.1... and other permissions matters

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Wed Sep 14 21:28:37 BST 2011

Hi,

I use Opensuse 11.4 64 bits and I installed Digikam from the KDE 4.7
repository
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/47/openSUSE_11.4/).

This repository just offers the 2.1 version of Digikam today and I update
it.

At the first launch, Digikam claim a database acces matter. I'm going to
Digikam parameters to verify database path was correct. Since it was good,
I quit and launch again digikam, and no more problems occurs...

But now, I try the panorama tool, and after trying it, it try to send the
result pictures to trash, but Digikam doesn't succeed  to do this, I have
a message which said that Trash reach its maximum size and I have to empty
it manually (sorry if it's not accurate, but it's translated from french).

So, I would appreciate if anybody has an idea of what happens... I don't
know if it's Opensuse related, but the first time I install Digikam, it
claims I don't have the permission to write Digikamrc (even so located in
my home directory) and I have to set manually permission for the ~/kde/
directory (if I remember well, initially permissions was set to Drwxr--r--
or something like this, and setting Drwxrwxr-x solve the matter).

Where trash is located for Digikam, since if I open nautilus, I don't have
any matter to send the same file to trash.

The database and picture are on an NTFS partition with options set to make
me owner of the filesystem with the drwxrwxr-x permission.

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs
http://www.photonoxx.fr