[Digikam-users] Migration problems - Digikam 1.8 to 2.0

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Mon Sep 12 11:06:19 BST 2011

Le Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:42:57 +0200, KrpaN <bojan007 at gmail.com> a écrit:

> Hi:
> Thank you for your prompt reply. What I meant with migrating is merely
> an upgrade form let say digikam 1.8 to digikam 2.0. When I did such a
> digikam upgrade, all my tags related to the pictures I have, were lost
> in the new version of digikam. And it happened several times. What I
> want to know is how to preserve all the tags without entering upon every
> upgrade of the digikam software.
>
> Regards,
> Bojan

What Rinus means is if you write your tag inside your pictures files
(embedded in their), you don't need specifically to be able to read your
old database.

You just can start from scratch and digikam scans the embedded metadatas
and recreates the database from this.

For this you have to write the metadata in your pictures (it's mentioned
as experimental for RAW files but it can work anyway depending of which
kind of RAW files you use)
Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs
http://www.photonoxx.fr