[Digikam-users] Retrieving metadata

Samuel Ronayette sronayette at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:12:58 BST 2011

Hello

is there a way to look for files with a specific value of a field in the
metadata? For example, I want to search all the photos in my 'Images' folder
that were taken with a given lens.
The "advance search" in digikam does not seem to allow me to do so...
If not possible in digikam, do you know a tool (under linux) that would
allow me to do so? I installed the "exif" program, but it doesn't see this
"LensModel" field in the metadata
(note that the field "LensModel" does appear in the metadata in digikam,
when I clik on the tab "Notes du fabricant", but not in the "EXIF" tab)

Thank you

Samuel