[Digikam-users] to Phillips

Antonio Trincone antonio.trincone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 19:36:40 BST 2011

I have had problem today with Digikam related to Phillips PPA, I suppose. I
had Digikam2 installed from this PPA version 2.1.1 and properly working but
Panorama tool as some know here.

First, after an update related to digikam (do not remember what) the K-menĂ¹
entry for Digikam disappear completely. So I reset eliminating PPA and
installing Digikam 1.9.0 and all worked properly.
Then I resign for the PPA of Phillip and try to install Digikam (instead of
Digikam2) which now appear to be in the versione 2.2.0. (obviously after
eliminating Digikam 1.9.0).
 Infact all started properly with new splash screen of 2.2.0 but soon it
disappears.

Starting by terminal command I obtained the following lines:

tonino at tonino-System-Product-Name:~$ digikam
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in
use, all queries will cease to work.
X Error: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) 5
  Major opcode: 19 (X_DeleteProperty)
  Resource id:  0x0
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: File o
directory non esistente
QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/tonino/.config/ibus/bus
digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam: undefined symbol:
_ZN11KExiv2Iface14AltLangStrEdit15setLinesVisibleEj
tonino at tonino-System-Product-Name:~$

any help?
ciao
Antonio