[Digikam-users] [Solved] Changing the Calendar View Date After Changing Exif Dates on Images

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 09:09:13 GMT 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:58, Don Parris <parrisdc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I scanned a bunch of photos (~ 1000 or more), and they all wound up with a
> default date of 1980.  Fair enough.  I have changed the exif data on one
> set of these photos, but when I use the calendar view in Digikam (the left
> side pane), as opposed to the folder view, the 'folder' year displays as
> "1980" and the month as "January", when the photos were actually taken in
> August, 1990.  I did try right-clicking on the Year 'folder' in calendar
> view and even changing the folder properties in the folder view to reflect
> August 1990.  Is it possible to update this side pane, or do I then have to
> delete the photos and re-add them?
>
> I was really wanting to change the exif data before importing the images
> for this very reason, so I would have a "clean" import.  I do have reading
> skills, so if there is already good documentation or an e-mail thread on
> this issue, feel free to point me to it.  I have not yet seen anything that
> quite touches this subject, but imagine I cannot be the only one who has
> experienced this.
>

> Never mind.  After a program restart, it appears to have updated itself
automatically.  That said, the issue is not addressed in the documentation
included with Kubuntu 11.10.  Might be nice to have a brief comment that
the calendar view auto-updates on program re-start.  I also noticed an
option under the Album menu that says "Reread metadata from images.  Does
this update the calendar view, assuming the date/time has been updated in
the metadata?  Again, it is not included in the current documentation.

Regards,
Don
--
D.C. Parris, FMP, LEED AP O+M, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate