[Digikam-users] keyboard shortcuts

Andreas T. Ege andreas at spheniscid.net
Sat May 28 12:06:08 BST 2011

Hi there,

with digikam2 beta5 I've got a few issues with the keyboard shortcuts.

In digikam1 ctrl-alt-e used to resize the picture to the window size,
either enlarging or shrinking it. Under digikam2 it only shrinks it if
the window is too small, but doesn't enlarge it to more then 100%.

To show it in original size, the shortcut was ctrl-alt-0. This doesn't
work, because the same shortcut is used by "Assign color lable 'none'",
but assign color lable doesn't show under the tab where you can see and
change the shortcuts. There are a few more assign options which don't
show up there, but seem to have shortcuts.
I didn't find them in  ~/digikamrc either, where would the relevant
config file be stored?

Are those bugs (didn't find a bug report under bugs.kde.org) or just not
yet implemented?

The other thing I haven't found a solution with a quick google is if
there's a way to get a keyboard shortcut to open an image with gimp (or
another external prog, for that matter).

And slightly off topic, I really am annoyed with how gimp 2.7 handles
saving files with xcf as standard and export as something else, and then
asking if I'm sure I want to close the unsaved image that I just
exported as a png. Takes me twice as long now to save images, because I
only use xcf if I do more extensive manipulations and want to preserve
the layers etc. *grrr* Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get it of
my chest. Guess I will see if there's a proper gimp place to complain.

--
Sincerely,

Andreas T. Ege
Dr. med. vet., MRCVS, MABVA