[Digikam-users] Re: names in caption list

Errol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Sat May 21 00:10:54 BST 2011

Hi Dotan
After the problem described in the thread "digikam not opening"  being
solved, I now have gone back to the "Hebrew" problem.
Your explanation set me on the right track to solve that  problem, as
well. The photos I imported where Hebrew was not read was from Flickr
(or Picassa). There they were named in Hebrew which obviously wasn't
transfered to Digikam - probably not using UTF-8.
I have since downloaded the photos and renamed the photos in the place I
store my photos. The Hebrew is now read in caption and all is well.
Thanks for your input and directions.
Errol