[Digikam-users] Video filenames not recognized

Barberet vincent.barberet at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 17:54:20 GMT 2011

Dear all,

I'm looking for a good way to classify/categorize/tag my personal video
files.

My camera is sony that provides AVCHD files
This give a set of video files names xxxx.MTS

Those files are not recognized by digikam (they do not appear).
However, I rename them as xxxx.MTS.mov or xxxx.MTS.mp4, they are
recognized.

I would like to avoid renaming all my files beacuse they have been
backup at several places.

Is there a way to tell digikam that MTS files are video files ?

Last question:
I can tag my files, but not write metadata in it. AVCHD does not
support it. Is there a way to generate side-car XMP files along with my
videos ?

regards

Vincent