[Digikam-users] Re: SRBG, Adobe RGB, What to use ?

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Mon Jun 27 18:59:20 BST 2011

And for what it's worth, I know of some photographers that produce
outstanding
> work with 8-bit formats all along their workflow, using the GIMP for their
> 'detailed' processing, and JPEG as their final format for display or printing.
>
> Remco
I completely agree with that. ItÅ› almost the same discussion as if you
can hear difference between audio cd and audio dvd, I certainly can not,
and I wonder on what media and for who it is possible to see difference
between 8 and 16 bit images al long as one is used consequently during
workflow, but of course it is just one opinion.

Related to the discusions going on, this could be interesting:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2011-March/012566.html

Rinus