[Digikam-users] Re: Fast tagging with keyboard only

Julien T julien.t43 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:48:04 BST 2011

One thing, I did not understand is why there is not something like
firefox bookmark ...
only one shortcut (Ctrl+D), a few tab, you enter description,
add/remove multiple tags easily with completion instead of
1- being force to do this with the mouse
2- mess your mind with multiple shortcuts when you are not doing this
day to day.

I don't say that digikam way is bad. Only that, it seems to me, there
is easier ways for most people.
Maybe some restriction linked to kde widgets ?

It is especially annoying as for now, I don't see an easy way
(understand keyboard shortcut, at least in 1.9) to add description,
add/remove tags in view mode.
I just update to 2.0 for Ubuntu natty, so I will see if it feels more
comfortable but with a quick test my user shortcuts don't seem to work
(Alt+Ctrl+J, Alt+Ctrl+Shift+C). Does digikam warn user if there is a
shortcut conflict ?

Thanks

Cheers,

Julien