[Digikam-users] Another tagging with keyboard question

Dominik Rueß dominik-ruess at gmx.de
Fri Jul 1 16:21:34 BST 2011

Hi there,

The last time if've used digikam was on a different computer. It was
possible to click on the tagging input line in "caption/tags". By pressing "
"Enter" on a suggested and existig tag, it was automatically assigned
for that picture. That way I was able to tag my images rather fast.

1. It doesn't work anymore ? (tested 1.9 and 2.0rc). Meaning pressing
"Enter" doesn't activate the tag.
2. is there a possible shortcut to directly get to the tag input line ?
So I don't always have to use the mouse ?

Any ideas ? I don't want to use shortcuts for particular tags, this
seems rather complicated for many tags.

Optimally I think it would look like:
- select an image or go to the next image
- press a shortcut for entering the tag input line on "Caption tags".
Even better, press a key and have the focus go on that input line, while
starting to write the tag.
- press enter after an existing tag has been selected, to assign this
particular tag
- repeat for different tags
- go to the next picture (thus, automatically update tags for the image)

As I said, I already have used this functionality, except for clicking
on the input field with the mouse. But now I'm not able to do it.

Cheers,
Dominik