[Digikam-users] Re: How do I undelete an image?

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 02:53:46 GMT 2011

Il giorno 19/gen/2011, alle ore 11.22, Sveinn í Felli ha scritto:
> If you happen to accidentally delete your images/videos from
> hard disk AND emptied your system trash OR viped your memory
> card:
> If you act quickly there are chances that you may recover
> such files with PhotoRec Data Recovery Utility:
> <http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec>
[CUT]
> I'm in no way connected to the devs, but this piece of
> software has saved my ass many times, specially with camera
> memory cards.

It saved me and my friends photos some times, and I agree with you, it's a good thing to know that  PhotoRec exists and it can help in case of trouble.

> It also teaches you to never dump or sell your hard disks
> without totally owerwriting them at least 3 times (or use a
> sledgehammer)... ;-)

Right, it's always better to be safe than sorry ;-)

regards
gerlos

--
"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more
of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something