[Digikam-users] How-to move photos to CD/DVD or other external repositories

Juhani Talvela juhani.talvela at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 09:48:18 GMT 2011

I'd very much like to burn some of my photos to DVD and store them
separately. This would help me to:
a) save disk space on my PC
b) have an organized library of my photo files in a physical form...  (I
would like to take along a DVD every now and then when I go to friends)

But how do I do this? There is an export command in DigiKam that I can
use to export pictures to some SmugMug, remote computer, Gallery, iPod,
PicasaWeb, etc... But it doesn't include CD/DVD option.

I can of course just burn some pictures on a DVD and just leave them on
my PC. But this is not good, since it eats up my disk space. Is there a
way for DigiKam to support storing original picutres on a CD/DVD, and
just leave a small thumbnail on the database?

All help and ideas on how to do this are appreciated.
Cheers
-- Juhani