[Digikam-users] Re: Channel Mixer Question

davidvj davidvincentjones at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 20:00:19 GMT 2011

Thanks Gilles and Elle for your comments which as a result sent me off to
find answers on my system,

For the record I am on DK 1.8, KDE  4.5.1 on Ubuntu 10.10.

First the 'grain' ... It appears that this is NOT really occurring. During
the Chanel Mixer process if I zoom to 100% it looks like a total grain
disaster but once the image is saved the grain appears totally normal. OK,
scary bit I can live with that!

The Chanel Mixer itself is however a different problem. In tests with both 8
and 16 bit png files, using the Monochrome setting, only the "Red Sliders"
set made any difference to the image or the histogram. The Green and Blue
adjustments were entirely dead.

I was able to achieve significant adjustment in the image by changing values
in the R, G and B set of the Red 'tab' but there is absolutely no response
through the other tab sets. Tests were made with both 8 and 16 bit files.
What I was able to achieve , just using the 3 Red sliders was fairly similar
to results out of Gimp. The settings that Elle sugested (using all 9
sliders) unfortunately did not achieve the desired result.

This may be a local problem in my ver: 1.8 and may have been fixed in later
versions. If needed I can put in a bug report.

Looking at the method that Gimp is using .. with only 3 sliders rather than
9 ... It would appear that this is the same thing that I am seeing in DK. Do
we really need the extra complication?

David